The Aimpoint® CompM4s sight, with low battery compartment, belongs to the CompM4 series sights which are the finest sights Aimpoint® has ever produced. Improvements include improved energy efficiency that provides up to 8 years of continuous use from a single AA battery! Launched 2008.
High or low battery compartment
To accommodate our customers, the CompM4 series of sights are available in two versions:
- The CompM4s offers a low battery compartment. This is the product shown here.
- The CompM4 offers a high battery compartment. Follow link to see the CompM4.
In all other aspects, the Aimpoint CompM4 and Aimpoint CompM4s are identical.
U.S. Army’s M68CCO
The CompM4s is the latest version of the U.S. Army’s M68CCO (Close Combat Optic), continuing an Aimpoint legacy since 1997.
Complete and ready to mount
The CompM4s sight is shipped complete with a QRP2 mount and standard AR15 spacer. These sights also come equipped with a killFlash® anti-reflection device and MILSPEC rubber lens covers.
The CompM4s sight features an integral mount that eliminates the need for a separate ring, and can be customized with vertical and forward spacers to fit a variety of weapon systems.
Designed for 3rd generation night vision technology
The CompM4s sight can also be used by hunters and sport shooters who need night vision compatibility. The performance of CompM4s sight is optimized for use with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is ideal for 3rd generation night vision technology.
The clearest, brightest image possible
Aimpoint’s unique coating on the front lens reflects the dot’s selected frequency of red light at near 100% efficiency to give the highest possible dot brightness with the least amount of energy while other wavelengths in the visible and near-infrared part of the spectrum pass with a minimum of reduction. This provides the clearest, brightest image possible when used with a 3rd generation Night Vision Device (NVD).
Ready for use around the clockWith 7 NVD-compatible brightness settings and 9 daylight settings including one extra-bright setting, the CompM4s sight is ready for round the clock use.
Unique features of the CompM4s and CompM4:
- Low battery compartment.
- Compatible with every generation of NVD.
- ACET technology allows up to 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of daytime operation on one AA battery.
- Internal voltage regulator allows the CompM4 to be used with any AA size battery.
- 7 NVD settings and 9 daylight settings.
- QRP2 mount has twice the clamping force of the original QRP, and the mounting knob is wider and shorter to improve operation and lower the risk of snagging on other gear.
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil.
- Mount base screws directly into the sight – no separate sight ring required.
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting.
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement.
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag.
- Unequalled light transmission.
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash® anti-reflective device.
- Submersible to 150 feet (45 meters).
- Vertical spacer included.
- Type classified as the U.S. Army’s new M68CCO.
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to remove and protected against impact.
- Can be used with a carry handle adapter for use on all M16 rifles.
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability.
Standard features for all Aimpoint® sights:
- Unlimited field of view.
- Parallax-free and unlimited eye relief.
- Unaffected by extreme weather conditions.
- Rugged, durable construction.
- No hazardous materials.
- No laser emission that could be harmful to your eyes.
- Increased aiming confidence.
Add a Rear Folding Battlesight™ to this purchase and save $60, add a Set of “Folding” Battlesights, or Complete Upper Receiver (Including M7 kits) and save $120.